Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

11.11.1983

So Paul and I decided to get some rest. He laid on the floor and I on the bed. I lost my bloody mucus cord around 4am. I couldn't go to sleep after that. I just waited until 6am. They said I was between 4 and 5 cm dilated. They prepped me and gave me an enema and also hooked up my IV. Around 9am they started a drug into my IV. I remember watching "Different Strokes." (It was a TV show at 9am.) The contraction came fast and hard. I hardly could control myself. I was dilated to 6 cm almost immediately. When I got to 8 1/2 cm they moved me down to the delivery room.



I was really glad to go down there. I think they took me there around 10:15am. My blood pressure went sky high. They thought I was going into convulsions. They padded my bed. I had to push for about five minutes. I begged for a saddle block and Dr. Sager gave me one. He had trouble giving me the shot. Finally he hit the right spot and you were born a few minutes later.



I was really surprised you were a girl. Everyone kept telling me I was going to have a boy. I wanted a girl so badly. And you were cute as a button. I couldn't hold you right away because I got a cold sore. So they took you to the nursery. I couldn't believe you weighed 9pds 1 1/2 ounces.



They took me back to the recovery room. I laid there and watched TV for an hour or two. I started to lose a lot of blood. They got me up to go to the bathroom and I fainted. They put me back in bed and called the doctor. He said he would be over to check on me. In the meanwhile, I almost fainted again. They put me on oxygen and the doctor came in and told me I was going to have a D and C. I had it at 4pm and came around at 7pm. It was really scary.



The doctor told you dad that I had some kind of growth on my uterus. He tried to take it off but he couldn't. He told your dad he would wait until my 6 weeks check up to do anything about it. It was a really long day for me today and I doubt I will ever forget it.





Yay I was finally born. My mom now likes to retell this story that if my dad ever wanted to get rid of her, he had the ability to that day. Because when she had fainted in the bathroom and was losing blood, he got the nurse. He didn't have to, so she guesses that he really does want her around.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home